View Thread
Private Stock » Personally, even Privately Speaking » Jus' Sayin'
 Print Thread
The pro and con (Anti) Abortion meme
Songiuno
I've seen this meme on social media a few times. Each time it prompted passive thought about the topic, and sometimes a chuckle.

www.sarusal.com/images/photoalbum/album_212/linus-n-lucy-about-abortion.jpg

It's so easy to get on a soapbox either for or against abortion when you're not the one in the real world situation of having to choose what to do. Upon seeing this meme again last night, I stopped to think more deeply about it and where I would side in the debate. Of course, everyone has an opinion on it. And many "extremists" on both ends of the spectrum just love to shoot off their mouths so vigorously as if they are affected by it, just to hear themselves cheerlead from the sidelines. I don't want to hear shit from them (at least not as anonymous visitors)!!!

Women impregnated from rape, incestuous molestation (as minors or other situation where they were forced) are an extreme but very real scenario. Nobody, NOBODY has a right to tell these women how to decide nor deny them that option. I believe in a higher power, God, but to those who say this and that about abortion being wrong and bring God's name into it to save their argument, I say to you FUCK YOU. You are not St. Peter at the pearly gates into the kingdom, nor anyone's mentor on how to. Let that judgement be made by the almighty himself directly with the woman who chose that life altering option. In the meantime, real world results of no choice can easily mean devastating social implications to the woman and her life, and ultimately we the taxpayers too. No it;'s not about money, it's about forcing someone into a life they did not want. Enough said, if people can't read enough into this to understand you probably shouldn't be reading this post at this education level anyway.

For those situations not involving "victim" scenarios, where the situation was a result of an oops or change of mind sexual encounter result, well again, the possible social impact could be the same. Beyond that, maybe I should switch gears and go to the back room to finish off my thoughts, but I won't... I'll just do this:

Only ADULT Group Members can view this.

Should someone pay for bad decisions for the rest of their lives? Those that say yes are armchair quarterbacks who've never been down that road, sanctimonious religion nuts who think they're qualified to preach the word, which they aren't. Father George, an ordained priest, preaches anti-abortion from the pulpit. you don't see him holding up signs and protesting in public. Why? Because he tells his flock what the right life choices are, and lets his flock decide on a personal level whether to follow or not.

That's my social take on it based on my down to earth logic. My personal one?

Only PRIVATE Group Members can view this.

If you don't like it, you have the right to justify YOUR life's decisions. you have no right to attempt to impede on and justify someone else's.

TomG
How do I comment to this in the same restriction post as what I will comment on, like the adult restricted.
Tom G.

Songiuno

TomG wrote:

How do I comment to this in the same restriction post as what I will comment on, like the adult restricted.

With the restriction code enveloping the comments itself. Like [ adult ] ....comments here.... [ /adult ] (but no spaces inside the brackets) to post a comment for adult group view.

Maybe wasn't good idea to post my restricted comments on this part of the site now that I think about it with replies. Mo bettah you post your reply as a new thread in the back room forum and link back to this one to reference. It'll be more "free talk" within the required cover restrictions...

Songiuno

Songiuno wrote:

Maybe wasn't good idea to post my restricted comments on this part of the site now that I think about it with replies. Mo bettah you post your reply as a new thread in the back room forum and link back to this one to reference. It'll be more "free talk" within the required cover restrictions...

Okay, linked it for you. Go to this forum thread:
Only ADULT Group Members can view this.

Jump to Forum